Lotus Flower

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Part two – The Color




Now I have to say that my journey with this color was a major pain. It was messy and gets on everything. My hands, forehead, ears, and any skin exposed at the time ended up with blue on it even with peroneum jelly as a protectant.  A smurf I was indeed!  :smurf: 

I added the color with a tint brush in sections then massaged it into my hair. They say comb it, but I can’t get a comb through my hair even if my life depended on it. O.o Once it was completely saturated, I pinned it up and waited for about 3 ½ hours until it was crusty then washed it out with cool water in the sink. Important: Do not, I repeat, do not wash your hair in the shower. This color covers everything it touches to blue, and if it runs on your skin, yep you guessed it, you're a walking smurf. Lol. This dye even dyed my steel sink so now around the bottom of my sink is a ring of blue. xD

I rinsed it with a vinegar and water mixture then added a thick conditioner. After that I blow dried it and this is the result…...

Color in the Sun v


In the house v



Since my hair wasn’t really light, the color wasn’t a vibrate blue that some people have had, mine is more towards the dark side, but I love it that way.  There is a really bad rub off so my hands, neck, forehead, ears stain blue from time to time.  Love the color but I don’t think I’ll be doing this again unless they tweak it some or figure a way where it doesn’t rub off so much…

Products:

Manic Panic Rockabilly Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment